If your tooth is so badly decayed or injured that a restorative treatment or root canal cannot repair it, our dentists may recommend a tooth extraction. All tooth extractions performed at our office are done using local anesthesia, and you have the option of inhalation or IV sedation as well. We want you to be comfortable throughout your procedure and take steps to help you feel at ease. To schedule your appointment at New Hampshire Center for Comprehensive Dentistry and learn more about tooth extractions in Amherst, New Hampshire, call us today at 603-672-6546.
Our dentists may recommend that one or more teeth of your teeth be extracted if:
- Your tooth cannot be repaired due to fracture or extensive decay
- Extra teeth block new teeth from erupting
- Your teeth need more room to be moved during orthodontic treatment (braces)
- Your wisdom teeth are impacted (stuck in the jaw) and will disturb neighboring teeth if they emerge, or that become painful due to position, decay, or infection
- Severe gum disease threatens the supporting tissues and bone structure
- You need radiation therapy to the head or neck and have at-risk teeth in the field of radiation
- You have a compromised immune system (due to chemotherapy treatment or other health conditions) and your decaying teeth increase your risk of infection
Following your tooth extraction, we will work with you to replace your missing tooth so that any changes in your bite, bone and gum tissue, adjacent teeth, chewing, speaking, and appearance will be minimized. Possible tooth replacements include:
- Dental implants
- Dental bridges
- Partial dentures
Contact our office today for more information about tooth extraction and replacement options and to schedule your consultation with our skilled dentist.