If you’re afraid of the dentist, you are not alone—over 100 million Americans experience some form of dental fear or dental anxiety. Sedation dentistry refers to the way we can help you manage fear, discomfort, and anxiety during your appointments. Sedation dentistry helps eliminate the dental anxieties that you feel and virtually eliminates pain or discomfort associated with dental treatment and procedures.
At New Hampshire Center for Comprehensive Dentistry, we consider addressing your dental fears an important part of treating your dental needs. We also believe that going to the dentist should not be a painful or uncomfortable experience. If you’re afraid or fearful of the dentist, or just too busy for multiple visits, sedation dentistry lets you get all your dental work done in as little as one appointment…in the most comfortable, stress-free way possible.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you would benefit from having your dental care done by a sedation dentist:
- Do I have extreme fear of dentists or anxiety about receiving dental treatment?
- Am I getting dental treatment for the first time in many years?
- Do I have a history of bad dental experiences?
- Do I experience extreme tooth sensitivity?
- Do I have complex dental problems?
- Is it difficult to get numb during treatment?
- Is it hard to relax during dental treatment (for example, my heart beats fast and my hands get sweaty)?
- Do I suffer from TMD/TMJ or other medical conditions that make it difficult or uncomfortable to keep my mouth open for long periods?
- Do I have a hyperactive or severe gag reflex?
For more information about sedation dentistry in Amherst, New Hampshire, and to schedule your sedation consultation with one of our caring dentists, please call our office today at 603-672-6546. We look forward to making your next dental experience better than you ever imagined!